What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Title, Name
- Travel details including passport type
- Contact information including email address and mobile number
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Information about your use of our website (the “Site”). Some of this information may also be automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, unique device identifier, browser type, browser language and access times. We may also automatically collect your location information (if you have consented to this on your device).
How we gather the information
We may collect personal data when you deal with us or interact with us, which could be via any one of the following methods:
- When you interact with us directly (e.g. by telephone, in writing or by emailing us
- When you use our Site
- When you interact with us via third parties (e.g. via client and services partners and social media platforms)
What we do with the information we gather
In all circumstances the personal data we hold about you will be adequate, relevant and not excessive. If you make a booking with us, “Evolvecar Limited” will record your personal details. We will only use your personal data in line with your legal rights under the Data Protection Act 1998. Your data will be used principally to meet your requirements.
Details of your legal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website www.ico.org.uk
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with an excellent service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Billing and internal or external auditing,
- Credit or other payment card verification and screening,
- Immigration and Customs control,
- Safety, security, health, administrative and legal purposes,
- Statistical and marketing analysis,
- Improvements to our products and services,
- Operation of awards schemes,
- Systems testing,
- Maintenance and development,
- Customer relations and to help us in any future dealings with you, for example by identifying your requirements and preferences.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
For these purposes we may disclose your data to our partners or other partner companies involved in meeting your requirements. These may include; our Service Partners, government and enforcement agencies, credit and charge card companies. This may involve sending your data between different countries, including countries outside the European Economic Area.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.